Any woman who wants to postpone motherhood, women with low ovarian reserve and women who are going to receive oncological treatment that may affect their ovarian reserve.
The ovarian reserve of every woman decreases with age. It is possible to estimate the ovarian reserve through antral follicles count and a hormonal profile that includes FSH, LH, E2 and Antimülleran hormone.
The ovarian reserve begins to decrease at 30 years old. It is recommended to do it before age 38. At younger age, greater quantity and better quality of eggs.
The treatment lasts approximately 10 days, starting with the menstrual period.
To obtain the eggs, a stimulation of the ovaries is performed, through the use of injectable drugs that are applied subcutaneously.
The purpose, is to obtain the development of several follicles in the same cycle. Once the appropriate follicular size is obtained, the last medication is administered to achieve the final maturation of the eggs. It is carry out a vaginal egg retrieval under ultrasound guidance. This is an ambulatory procedure, performed with anesthetic sedation.
The eggs can remain frozen throughout the woman's life.
First, the eggs must be unfrozen, then iIVF performs, and then transferred to the uterus.
It should be considered an experimental technique, although there are already children born worlwide.
It is advisable in cancer patients, depending on the type of tumor, age, and treatment to be performed. Nowadays, in prepubertal, patients it is the only technique.
The ovarian tissue should be frozen before performing chemotherapy. It does not require ovarian function, it can freeze prepubertal ovary, it can be performed immediately without delay and does not require stimulation or hormonal treatments.
However, it requires a laparoscopy, with the removal of an entire ovary.
For those men who:
- Suffer from an oncological disease, prior to chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy treatments.
- Will undergo testicular or prostatic surgery.
- Have azoospermia (no sperm in the ejaculate) or low sperm count.
- Before a vasectomy want to preserve their fertility.
In vitro fertilization is a laboratory technique that makes it possible to fertilize an egg with a sperm outside the uterus.
- When IUI failed.
- Women of advanced reproductive age.
- Women with poor quality oocytes.
- Severe male factor.
- Women with ovarian failure or low ovarian reserve.
- Women who have frozen oocytes.
- Couples carrying a genetic disease, where embryos should be studied.
The couple must complete several studies to assess their current status.
- Lab test: Type & Rh Factor, sexually transmitted diseases, blood count, hepatogram, glycemia, renal function, coagulogram, hormonal studies, thyroid function.
- Gynecological studies: PAP smear, transvaginal and mammary ultrasound.
- GC and Chlamydia culture
Studies for male partners:
- Lab test: type and RH factor, sexually transmitted diseases.
1. Ovarian stimulation of the donor
The donor will perform an ovarian stimulation, the eggs will be retrieved and at the lab the IVF will be carried out.
2. Endometrial preparation to Donor egg recipient
It consists of the daily taking of estrogen orally for 10 to 15 days. Then progesterone is added vaginally to obtain a receptive endometrium.
3. Fertilization and semen sample
The recipient is informed on the day of the donor's egg retrieval.
The semen sample will be needed that day, to perform IVF.
The semen sample may:
A- Be frozen previously.
B - Be from a sperm bank. Delivery must be coordinated.
C - Be fresh.
4 - Embryo transfer
5 - Pregnancy test
The ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval lasts 15 days. Depending on the place where you live, the first checks can be made there and then, travel to Bs.As for 5-10 days.
In the egg donation program, you can travel only for the embryo transfer.
APSOT - DOCTHOS - FEMEDICA - GALENO - IOMA - MEDIFE - OSDE - OSDIPP - OSPJ - SWISS MEDICAL - TINTOREROS - WILLIAM HOPECONTACT US